“To care for him that shall have borne the battle.
And for his widow, and his orphan.”


– President Abraham Lincoln

Our Services

Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission, has Accredited Service Officers at our location, that are ready to assist eligible veterans with all benefits that they are entitled to.

VA Claims

Most veterans are not aware of all the benefits that they are eligible for. Let our Nationally Accredited Service Officers assist you to apply for benefits. 

Basic rules that the Department of Veterans Affairs, have for getting Service Connected are; An injury or illness must have occurred on Active Duty, Did a disability result from the injury or illness, and do you have a record of care for the current disability.  If this is the case for you, you should contact our office to apply for Service Connection, we can assist you in obtaining documents that are needed to have your claim approved.

Financial Assistance

Veterans who have recently suffered a financial setback, such as the loss of a job, recent illness or injury, death of a family member, or who may lack the financial resources to meet their monthly obligations can contact us to determine if our program may be able to assist you through this trying time.

Death Benefits

It is important to keep in mind that as time passes, our veterans are ageing. When it comes to Death Benefits, the Department of Veterans Affairs has a few things that would need answered about the Veterans’ service to see if they are eligible for burial benefits. Our closest Veterans Cemetery is located in Seville, Ohio, just outside of Akron. For any questions or concerns please contact our office to see what benefits could be available.

VA Transportation

Trumbull County Veterans Service Commission takes great honor in Veterans taking care of Veterans. We have transportation Monday through Friday to the VAMC Wade Park in Cleveland. 

This cost free trip is for any veteran with a scheduled appointment between 0830- 1:00p. The van leaves from our parking lot at 7am, and will arrive when all riders are done with appointments, or by 2:30p

Please call in advance to schedule your trip, as seats fill up quickly.

Homeless Veterans

We work with many agencies in the area to try to prevent Veterans from being Homeless, however if you find yourself in that situation, please contact our office. We do not specialize in housing, however, we have many contacts and would like to ensure that no one is left behind. There may be alternative ways that we can assist you in your needs.

Any veteran that is Homeless, or in an immediate need for housing please contact 855-234-7310. This is a 24/7 line, with many community resources to assist you.

Online Document Submission

For your convenience, the TCVSC now accepts online document submissions.  Please use the form below to submit your documentation and include a brief description of the file(s) being sent.

Click here to submit document(s)

"*" indicates required fields

Drop files here or
Accepted file types: jpeg, jpg, gif, png, pdf, heif, heic, Max. file size: 256 MB.

    Questions? Contact us today.

    The Trumbull County VSC exists to provide information, assistance, advocacy and referrals for you.  If you have questions about our service options please use the form below to request additional information.  A Veterans Service Officer will be in touch to assist you.

    Frequently Asked Questions

    This is sample text for placement purposes only.  If you run into questions, you’re not alone.  Below are some of the most common questions that we receive.

    Who is eligible for VA Benefits?

    Anyone that has a DD 214, can come to the office and see what benefits they may be able to obtain. Healthcare, Compensation, Education, or Veterans Pension, are specific to the veteran and their dates of service along with Character of Service. Dependents and Widows of Veterans may be eligible for VA benefits as well, with proper documentation.

    Where can I get a copy of my DD 214?

    You can come to the office with photo ID, and request a copy of your DD 214.

    Can I get replacement medals?

    We can assist you in obtaining replacement medals, with your DD 214, and filing out a quick form at the office.

    Does the VA assist with Nursing Home Costs?

    The VA does have a Pension program to help offset the cost of Nursing home, and In-home care. This benefit, is based on many factors to include monthly expenses, and dates of the veterans’ service. An appointment can be schedule with office staff to see if you’re eligible, and help you apply.

    The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

    Request to have a Veterans Service Officer attend your next event.

    Veterans Service Officers (VSO) help to answer questions, determine eligibility, and guide you through your benefits process.

    Stay Connected

    Stay connected on all the most recent information, including calendars, news and events that the Veterans Service Commission offers.